Welcome to Trails West Hockey Association (TWHA)
Registration closed August 15, 2014
for all divisions except Learn to Skate and Junior
until these divisions are full
NOVICE AND ATOM HOUSE LEAGUE ARE NOW FULL
NOTE!! Registration for Learn to Skate is a separate process.
Please click on the Learn to Skate Tab to the left of this page.
Incremental Late Fees are applied as follows for all programs except Learn to Skate and Junior:
$50 July 1st
$100 August 1st
Registration after the closing date of August 15th is subject to approval and availability
and will be assessed a $250 late fee.
TWHA registration is primarily completed online, using Hockey Canada’s registration platform. Please take the time to review the following important information before continuing on to the registration process.
- TWHA is the provider of Minor Hockey programs for players residing in the following communities: Christie Park, Coach Hill, Glamorgan, Glenbrook, Glendale, Patterson Heights, Rosscarrock, Signal Hill, Springbank Hill, Discovery Ridge, Strathcona Park, Westgate and Wildwood. Please refer to this map for further clarification: Map
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are registering in the correct Minor Hockey Association. An administration fee may apply for a cancellation.
- If you have recently moved to a community within TWHA boundaries and have played hockey in another association, you must contact the registrar prior to registering: email@example.com. If you have moved away from TWHA boundaries, we are sorry to see you go. You will need to contact the registrar in the Minor Hockey Association in your new community to request a transfer. Please refer to Hockey Calgary's website if you are unsure which association you belong to: https://www.hockeycalgary.ca/association
- If you are a PeeWee and above player and want to register for Recretational Hockey, you must contact the registrar at the Calgary Recreational Hockey League and request a transfer: http://www.rechockeycalgary.com/league.php?scriptName=HOME&leagueID=9628
- If you require Financial Assistance, please refer to the Financial Assistance tab on our website for further information: Link then contact the registrar prior to registering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your child is new to hockey (even if they have siblings already playing with Trails West) please click here: LINK
- If you would like to register for Trails West's Conditioning Camps, please refer to the Conditioning Camp Tab on our website as this is a separate registration process: LINK
- If you would like to register for our Learn to Skate program, please click here
- Trails West is excited to be part of the new West Calgary House Hockey League!!! This is a fantastic pilot project in conjuction with Hockey Calgary, GlenLake and Springbank. For further information on this new program click here. The registration process is through the Hockey Canada Registration platform and is the same as the other Minor Hockey programs offered by TWHA. If you have never registered your child in a minor hockey program before, please click here: LINK If you have registered your child in minor hockey in prior years, please continue reading the information below and use the same user name and password for prior registrations. When you register your child, simply choose the House League option within the age group category your child falls in (i.e. Novice House League for children born in 2006 & 2007 or Atom House League for children born in 2004 & 2005). You may only choose one program for your child, so please make sure you register for the correct program.
Fees for the NEW Novice and Atom West Calgary House Hockey League for the 2014/2015 season are $575.00 per player. Incremental Late Fees as outlined above apply.
Fees for all other programs are as follows:
2. HOW WE CONTACT YOU
||July 1st -
|Aug 1st -
||Learn to Skate
Our primary method of contacting you is by email. You will be asked to provide up to 3 email addresses (ie: one for each parent). Please ensure that:
Player/Participant Email: This is the only email address we will use to contact you prior to team formation. Make sure that this is the most often checked and reliable email address to contact your family as this will be the address that we will contact you at for evaluations. Do not put your child/player's email address in this field!
Parent #1: This is a secondary email address that can be used as a back up if the primary address is not getting through to your family
Parent #2: A third email address. The parent email addresses are used after team formation.
Attempting to put more than one email address in one data entry field will ensure that neither email address is recognized. Put only one email address in a data entry field!
3. CHOOSING POSITIONS
For Atom and older, you have the option of choosing which position the player prefers to play. At the Atom level select from Goaltender, Defence, or Forward. For Pee Wee and older select from any option.
NOTE: For Atom, players choosing Defence or Forward will be expected to play both Defence and Forward
Payment is by credit card only. “Trails West Hockey Association” will appear on your credit card statement. Information regarding financial assistance is available on the TWHA website and you can apply directly to the organizations that provide assistance.
Hockey Canada charges a $2 fee which is added to your TWHA registration. THWA receives no portion of this fee and plays no part in the implementation or processing of this fee.
5. REFUND POLICY
Timbits and Above
Prior to completion of Evaluations:
Full refund of Regular Registration fee less $50 admin fee
After Evaluations start, Prior to Team assignment:
Full refund of Regular Registration Fee less $50 admin fee and $100 evaluation fee.
After Team Assignment, refund requests due to illness/injury only, and:
Subject to TWHA Board Review;
Not to exceed full refund of Regular Registration Fee less $50, less 10% of full fee, less portion of season missed.
After Team Assignment, no illness or injury:
No refund permitted
Learn to Skate
Subject to TWHA Board Review;
Full refund of Regular Registration Fee less $50, less portion of season missed.
Players leaving to play for Royals
Full refund prior to season team formation, prorated if drafted mid season.
Refund Form is available by contacting the Registrar: email@example.com
Note: All refunds are made by cheque, not reimbursed to the credit card used in the registration process.
6. RESPECT IN SPORT
Returning Registrants: Parents need only do Respect in Sport once.
7. KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT RECORDS
During the registration process you will create an account with a username and password. As well, your child(ren) will receive a Hockey Canada number. Keep this information for your records. You can return to your registration account any time to check registration status, change the password or reprint receipts. For returning members, use your account information from last year.
8. BEGIN REGISTRATION PROCESS
By clicking the registration link below, you are declaring that you understand and agree to all the above terms and conditions. You will be leaving this TWHA website and going to the Hockey Canada registration site to begin your registration process. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact the registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org After registering, please come back to the TWHA website often to stay up to date with all our news and events!
PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FOR THE PURPOSE OF REGISTRATION FOR TWHA PROGRAMS, REGISTRATION OF KIDS AND PARENTS, THE ADMINISTRATION OF TWHA PROGRAMS, PROVIDING INFORMATION TO HOCKEY CANADA, HOCKEY ALBERTA AND HOCKEY CALGARY AS PARTNERS WITH TWHA PROGRAMS, AS WELL AS THE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN TWHA (INCLUDING INSTRUCTORS, COACHES, PROGRAM MANAGERS AND COORDINATORS) AND REGISTRANT. I HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SUCH PURPOSES.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND NOW WANT TO BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.