Welcome Trails West Referees!
The community hockey season 2012/ 2013 is finished. Trails West Referees had a successful season. We have covered many games and trained many referees.
We are currently accepting applications from first year referees.
Referees must be at least 13 years old (as of December 31, 2013).
To become a first year Trails West referee, please follow these steps:
- Register with the Trails West Referee Coordinator by e-mail and be accepted as a Trails West Referee.
- Enrol and attend a two day referee clinic with Central Zone Referees Committee (CZRC): http://czrc.ab.ca/. The clinics are not yet open for enrolment.
- Email the Trails West Referee Coordinator your 2013 – 2014 Referee Number. Upon completion of the clinic, CZRC will give each successful candidate a Referee Number.
Available space for first year Trails West referees is limited. Registering with the Trails West Referee Coordinator prior to enrolling in the CZRC Referee Clinic ensures that we have space for you
When you register with Trails West please include the following personal information:
- Address with postal code
- Date of Birth
- Contact information (including emails addresses/cell phone and home phone)
- Hockey Level of play (e.g. first year Bantam - 4 years of playing hockey)
An initial clinic fee is due upon registration. Trails West will reimburse this amount after the first year official has refereed five games.
Mentoring will be provided for the first 3 assignments.
If you are a returning referee, please follow these steps:
- Register for a 2013 – 2014 clinic with CZRC: http://czrc.ab.ca/.
- The clinics are not yet open for enrolment.
- Please register in a 2 day clinic if you are younger than 15 (by December 31, 2013);
otherwise, please register in a 1 day clinic.
- Notify the Trails West Referee Coordinator of your intent to continue refereeing with Trails West Hockey.
- In this e-mail, please include the CZRC clinic date that you have registered for.
- The deadline for this notification is September 10, 2013.
- Email the Trails West Referee Coordinator your 2013 – 2014 Referee Number, once your clinic is completed.
- Ensure that your profile on our Goaline Referee Management System is active.
- Please use the referee login page, as provided by the Trails West website.
Each referee (new and returning) is responsible for registering for a referee training clinic through Central Zone Referees Committee: http://czrc.ab.ca/
The CZRC referee clinics are not yet open for enrolment. Please check the CZRC website to enrol.
Please follow the instructions set out by Central Zone.
Once you have completed the clinic, please e-mail your 2013 – 2014 Referee Number to the Trails West Referee Coordinator the Trails West Referee Coordinator
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to working with you.
Trails West Referee Coordinator Team: Beth Remmers, Jeff Sheedy
Last Updated: March, 2013